L’Enfant Montessori School is committed to promoting sustainability in everything we do, from the classroom to the playground.
We aim to create healthy, eco-friendly learning environments for our children while instilling in them the importance of environmental stewardship.
Our goals in greening our school include:
Creating a culture of green in our everyday school life
- Integrating eco-education into regular curriculum
- Involving the children in hands-on green learning exercises, such as composting and gardening
- Incorporating green practices into our daily school operations
Taking steps to reduce waste, energy use, and water consumption
- Implementing an effective and manageable recycling program
- Integrating water-saving practices and/or technologies, including a rain barrel to reuse collected rainwater
- Adopting energy-saving practices and, where applicable, installing energy-saving devices
Supporting a green supply chain
- Using green materials and office supplies
- Contracting with vendors that have environmentally sound practices whenever possible
Promoting eco-awareness beyond our front doors
- Engaging with our surrounding community on environmental initiatives
- Educating the school’s families on ways that they can live greener
No Waste Lunches
L’Enfant Montessori School supports healthy eating habits and encourages students to do their part in preserving the planet by recycling, composting, and packing “no waste” lunches.
Lunches are to be packed using a reusable lunch box, reusable food containers, cloth napkins, reusable flatware, and above all, good nutritious choices.
Our curriculum incorporates regular woodland outdoor activities, as well as the creation of a bee and butterfly gardens and planting of native plant species.